If you’re like most people, you love getting Christmas cards. But making your own cards can be tricky — there’s always something that needs to be done just right, and the possibilities for customization are endless. In this article, we’ll show you how to make your own Christmas cards using all sorts of different Christmas motifs and even give you some tips on creating a unique card design that will really stand out from the rest. And don’t worry, if you change your mind you can always get fantastic Christmas cards from Boomf.
Materials you will need
The materials you need for making Christmas cards yourself are affordable and easy to find. It may be hard to choose the right ‘ingredients’ from the vast variety on offer, so take your time to think your Christmas card designs through to make it easier to pick the right materials and colour scheme.
Here’s a list of what you might need:
- Card stock
- A pattern or template
- A glue stick
- Coloured pens and pencils
DIY Christmas Cards: A Step-by-Step Tutorial
Making your own Christmas cards is a fun and easy way to show your loved ones how much you care! Here are step-by-step instructions on how to make your own cards:
- Gather your supplies and keep them at hand.
- Print your images on the cardstock. You can use any photos you like, but it’s best to choose pictures that will be festive and reflect the season.
- Cut out the images using scissors. Be sure to cut around the edges of the image so that it will stay together when you’re glueing it to the cardstock.
- Place the images face down on the cutting mat and cut out a rectangle around each image. Be sure not to cut too close to the edges of the images or they won’t adhere properly to the cardstock later on.
- Remove the cardboard backing from each image and place them face up on a clean surface. Trim off any excess cardstock around each image with scissors.
- Place one image face down on top of another image in the pile to make the design deeper.
- Once everything is glued in its place, take your coloured pens and pencils and write the message and decorate the insides of your Christmas cards.
So, will you make your own Christmas cards this year?
Christmas is a time to be with family and friends enjoying family Christmas traditions, enjoy the holiday season, and of course, send out cards! If you’re like most people, crafting your own Christmas cards is a favourite activity. We hope that our tips have helped you get started making your very own Christmas cards!