Although you may never have considered biking to school with your little ones, bike commutes can be a healthy way to get some exercise and can even help your family save time and money. If you’re thinking about making the switch, here are some basics to know about how to bike to school and home with your kids effectively.
Are you looking for a fun, convenient, eco-friendly, and healthy way to take your kids to and from school every day? Suppose your morning and evening commutes usually consist of long rides in the car. In that case, you may want to consider ditching the automobile altogether and swapping it out for a hybrid adult electric bike and children’s bicycles.
Organizing To Make Your Life Biking To School Easier
Just as is the case with your kid’s homework or after-school activities, getting organized ahead of time is the key to making your life easier and making your new bike commute a success. This means purchasing age-appropriate bicycles, helmets, and safety gear, mapping out your route to school, and learning about the benefits biking can offer your little ones.
The Benefits of Biking For Kids:
- Provide your kids with crucial exercise built into the day
- Allow your family to spend additional time together
- Get everyone some fresh air first thing in the morning for a burst of energy and a mood lift
- Help keep your kids healthy and strong and allow them to express their creativity via their own beach cruiser bike accessories
- Reduce the amount your family spends on gas and car maintenance
- Allow you to adopt a more eco-friendly method of commuting
- Set your family’s commute style apart from others at the school
Why is Cycling Good for Your Mental Health?
Cycling is a sport that is good for your physical health and your mental health. Not only is cycling simply a sport, but it’s also a lifestyle that is easy to get used to but can make substantial health benefits to your day to day life.
Cycling has been shown to reduce the risk of depression and anxiety. This is because cycling can help you get away from the stresses of daily life and give you a chance to enjoy nature. It can also help you overcome confidence, self-esteem, and body image issues.
If you are dealing with anxiety or depression, cycling may be an effective treatment for you. Biking has also been shown to help with stress and anxiety because it provides a sense of control that can be lacking in other areas of life. It also helps with your mood, sleep, and weight.
Choosing Different Routes For Family Fun Cycle Together
If there’s more than one way to get from your house to your kids’ school, you can take advantage of the different route possibilities for additional exercise and family fun time. You may find it helpful to:
- Map out several possible routes to your kids’ school that take similar amounts of time and take a different route each week to keep things exciting
- Practice the school routes on the weekends as a way to get fresh air and exercise
- Experiment with different men’s, children’s, and women bikes for sale to find the ones that best fit your family’s needs and routes
- Take your family out biking in local parks and other natural settings to sharpen your skills and build up your endurance for the school routes
If you’re tired of shelling out for gas and car repairs, you may want to park the car for a while and switch to a school bicycle commute instead. If your children’s school is within biking distance, biking to school can allow you to save time and money while getting in shape and enjoying bonding time in the fresh air. However, before you jump into a bike commute, it’s essential to get organized and plan your school routes carefully. With these tips, you can successfully start biking to school and home with your little ones in tow.