Are you looking for a fun day out in Leicestershire? Leicestershire is a county in the East Midlands of England. with county borders to 7 other counties: Nottinghamshire, Rutland, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, Staffordshire and Derbyshire. Taking its name from the city of Leicester, the ceremonial county has a population of just over 1 million people and is home to Leicestershire County Cricket Club and Leicester FC.
This is a contributed article.
Here are a few ideas if you’re looking for a fun day out in Leicestershire for the whole family:
The address is Lindridge Lane, Desford, Leicester, Leicestershire LE9 9GN.
- Tropical Birdland is a 6.5-acre haven for Parrots and other exotic birds located on the outskirts of the village of Desford in Leicestershire.
- Every inch of space has been dedicated to providing a home for some of the most attractive and captivating species from all over the world, ensuring that families can enjoy seeing more than 250 feathered residents.
- Featuring an entertaining parrot trail, outdoor play areas, and cute goats.
- Children under the age of four are admitted free of charge.
Ashby de la Zouch Castle
The address is Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire, South Street, LE65 1BR
- Take the kids on a tour of the Ashby de la Zouch Castle. This spectacular castle was originally built as a manor residence in the 12th century.
- Learn about the interesting past of the estate as you stroll through the grounds, stopping to enjoy a picnic and explore the gardens.
- Additionally, this is an excellent place to take your canine companions out for a stroll.
- That’s not the only castle in Leicestershire.
- There are two types of memberships available, gift aid and non-gift aid, with free admission for annual members.
Foxton Locks Spy Mission Treasure Trail
The address is Gumley Road, Foxton, Leicestershire LE16 7RR
- Invest a couple of hours exploring the depths of The Foxton Locks Treasure Trail to see what you can find!
- The 2.5-mile hike is a great opportunity to see more of the surrounding area and spot hidden gems you may have missed on previous visits.
- Trails can be completed at your own leisure, with participation from youngsters as young as six, and there are dozens dispersed throughout the county, so you can make an effort to try them all.
- One booklet serves four to five people and costs the same regardless of how many you need.
The address is Gartree Road, Leicester LE2 2FG
- Stretton Circuit is a 950-meter floodlit karting circuit that is illuminated for those darker evenings.
- This is the best place to take the kids if you value speed, excitement, adrenaline, and driving.
- Youngsters as young as 8 can race around the entire track in one of three distinct types of karts.
- You may feel at ease knowing your teen is in a risk-free setting thanks to programmes tailored just to them.
- The cost of your session at the track will depend on how long you plan to stay there and what time of day you go. There is a discount for booking a family package.
- Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, is home to Nottingham Raceway Karting, which, despite the name, is an outdoor karting circuit.
Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre
The address is Loughborough Road, Leicester, LE4 5PN.
- Visit this Leicester facility to go climbing, canoeing, kayaking, and just plain having fun in the outdoors and nature.
- Families can enrol in a variety of programmes to gain knowledge and experience.
- Each week of the summer, kids of all ages can sign up for a new lesson, from archery to rock climbing to stand-up paddleboarding.
- Families can get strapped onto a giant climbing frame and try to maintain their balance as they ascend.
- Depending on your age, you may be eligible for special discounts on certain courses and activities.