As mothers we are often our own worst enemies. Self-doubt and negativity are always on the fringes of our consciousness. So here are 25 positive affirmations for mothers that we all need to tell ourselves. Especially now. Many of us can be really hard on ourselves, and are subjected to a constant barage of ‘perfection’ on social media and the wider media too. It’s important that when things get you down you remember to stay positive and if you need some help, here are some positive affirmations for moms that will help you realise just how amazing you are.
Pin This Now As A Reminder Later
What are Positive Affirmations?
You might be wondering what on earth I’m on about – what are affirmations? Well, it’s simple really. Affirmations are sentences that speak to your inner self, your subconscious and your conscious mind.
By taking positive words and saying them to ourselves, reminding ourselves of positivity, you can begin to believe the words and really live a more mindful and positive life. The affirmations bring up mental images that would motivate, energise and inspire us.
The more you repeat the positive affirmations, the more you genuinely believe them. You will be equipped with the positive words and the next time you start to doubt yourself, or you have a really bad day, instead of focusing on the negative and pulling yourself down mentally, the positive mindset and memory of the affirmations will remind you that it’s just that. One Bad Day. Not A Bad Life.
And to be honest, we could all do with a little reminder to be kind to ourselves and cut ourselves some slack! We are all pretty bad at dealing with negative self-doubt thoughts, as well as the ever-present mom guilt! So …let’s try do something positive for ourselves.
Here are my top 25 Positive Affirmations for Mothers
- It’s just a bad day. Not a bad life.
- I trust my motherly instincts.
- I am the mother my children need.
- My family love me.
- Taking care of myself is good for me. And that is good for them. I am allowed to take care of myself.
- I am a person as well as a mother. Motherhood does not define me.
- I am worthy.
- I am important to my family.
- The people who matter admire me and recognise my worth.
- I can handle anything life throws at me.
- My children admire me.
- I am a strong and capable woman.
- I am blessed with an amazing family and incredible friends.
- My emotions are valid.
- I know my children and they know me.
- It’s okay to not have all the answers all the time. Trust the process.
- Motherhood has revealed my strengths.
- I am beautiful in the eyes of my children and that’s all that matters.
- I have enough patience for my children today.
- Nothing lasts forever, this too shall pass.
- I am creating lifelong memories for my children.
- I will laugh with my children today.
- Yesterday is behind me. Today is a new day.
- I am allowed to ask for help.
- My opinion matters and should be taken into consideration.
Of those, here are my personal favourite affirmations for mothers
I’d love to hear what your favourite positive affirmations are? Do you speak to yourself with kindness and positivity?
Please leave your favourite positive affirmations in the comments below – no explanation is required.
Thanks for reading this post about positive affirmations for mothers. If this resonated with you, please share it on social media.