To my darling husband,
As you know I am not a materialistic person. Yes, I like nice things but in the grand scheme of things, I would rather live in a nice house than have a Louis Vuitton handbag; I’d rather go out and have a nice family lunch than buy expensive makeup; I would rather have a day out adventure than get my hair done, and I would rather get a new potted-plant than a bunch of flowers that will die.
I will stop now.
So what are our options?
With Mother’s Day coming up soon (It’s in your diary) I thought I would put together a few ideas of how I would like to spend Mother’s Day this year.
- Lunch out – but not the same place we always go … maybe even just a different branch.
- Day out with the kids, somewhere where they can play but where I don’t have to.
- Watching a movie. Even if there aren’t any animated movies at the cinema, staying home for a movie day would be good.
I’m pretty open to anything really as long as we follow the following set of guidelines to maximise my mother’s day enjoyment:
- I don’t want to cook.
- I don’t want to clean up after.
- I don’t want to plan or decide what we do.
- I don’t want to fight with the kids about appropriate clothing!
- I want us to do something as a family.
- It would be great if it’s something or somewhere new.
Some advice on how not to mess up my Mother’s Day:
- If you decide on a restaurant, maybe book in advance!?
- If you go out on the bike I will sell it!
Thanks my love, looking forward to an awesome Mother’s Day, whatever you plan.
Lots of love,
p.s. If all else fails, a lovely gift card from amazon would be much appreciated!